Thursday, November 22, 2007

Holidays

Holidays are the special time of year for people to enjoy time with their families and friends. When work is involved, that is not always the case. It is hard to get time off this time of year. Employers want people to stay on the jobs so that they can make more sales, but most people sort of slack off when holidays pop up.

It is really hard to have a balance when work life interferes with home life. To all the people who have mastered the balance, thank you. It is a job that most people have a hard time doing. So on this day, have a happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy your family and friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - a post that's NOT about your sister! haha JUST kidding. But your sister does have interesting workplace experiences though.

IrishiaG said...

If you work in retail you can pretty much forget having a day off...unless you're me! I got all the days off that I wanted for Thanksgiving and Christmas because I told them I was going out of town and would not be there regardless of whether they put me on the schedule or not:-) LOL

Jason said...

We have a pool at work. We are only allowed to request one holiday off (either Thanksgiving or Christmas). If someone volunteers to work then the others don't have to, otherwise you have to do your share, which I've found to be good!