Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Good Job!

I think that it is important for workers to receive positive feedback from their employers. If they are doing what they are supposed to be doing or going out of their way to do something extra I think they should receive recognition for what they do. In my opinion there are a lot of people who don’t do what they are supposed to do because they feel like no one shows them any appreciation for what they do. There is such a large focus on correcting people who aren’t doing the right thing that the people who are doing what they are supposed to do often go under the radar.

In my position I keep a daily log of the errors that cashiers make. I also make sure that I note the cashiers who are doing everything right because I feel like it serves as a form of encouragement for them to do what they are supposed to do.

2 comments:

Jason said...

I believe that positive feedback is always key to success in an employee. If you are always doing things right and never credit for it then I believe people stop to care as much. It's important to tell people when they are doing a good job!

Gigi said...

My job does the same thing and rewards people when they are doing a great job. We typically get candy or food coupons for restaraunts and things of that nature.