Friday, October 26, 2007

OUCH! MY HEAD IS HURTING!!

On Sunday I was scheduled to work but I couldn’t go in for personal reasons. J I work in the cash office, which basically means that someone HAS to do my job. On this particular day they couldn’t find anyone to come in (there are only about 2 people who are trained). So, that meant that the manager on duty had to count down the registers and also process the deposit from the previous day.

When I got to work on Monday morning EVERYTHING was soooo screwed up and I had the worst headache ever! Basically I had to go back and fix everything from the previous day and also do work for the current day as well. The registers were showing up as thousands of dollars over, which obviously was incorrect and I was very upset. I ended up fixing everything but my question is what if I get sick and can’t make it to work? Will this happen every time? What if I quit? I think they should have more people trained to work in this position just in case something like that does happen. And it will also save me a headache!!

3 comments:

Gigi said...

I agree. That happens quite often in jobs. They depend on one person to do everything and are in a bind when that person does not show up. I totally believe in cross training just for such reasons. No one is infallible. Everyone needs a day off from time to time and this would definetly prevent a lot of chaos.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, I've seen this happen plenty of times at my job, which is actually not something to brag about because it makes the company look bad. I believe that companies should have more people trained in that area regardless if it's going to cost them a little more to do so. And like you said suppose you were really sick or some extreme emergancy comes up, what are they going to do then?

Anonymous said...

This is what happens for companies who do not have a plan B. First of all though, how dare they! (Not have a plan B.)

Anyway, I cannot believe that your manager on duty could not handle your job still. It wasn't like there was absolutely no replacement.