I hate to continually talk about my sister, but she has so many great examples of what not to do at work.
Once I had the opportunity to attend one of my sister's company picnics. It was a wonderful opportunity to meet new people and network. I actually got a couple of job offers as well. But that's neither here nor there. Anyway to get to the point. A few of the coworkers took this opportunity to act out of control. As a matter of fact there was an incident with one alcoholic coworker who dropped his three year old baby on the ground and it rolled down the hill. Yeah, it was horrible. The baby had this huge bruise on his head and it was really because of his dad's negligence. It just made me realize that even though it is a company picnic, coworkers are still taking note of how you react in certain situations. Because of this I decided to make a list of what not to do at off the clock company functions.
1. Never forget that you are in a work environment even though you are not on the clock.
2. Dress appropriately. Don't dress like a stripper when you work in a conservative environment.
3. Monitor your alcoholic content.
4. Go outside your comfort zone and meet new people. Remember this is a chance to network.
5. Relax and have fun. Enjoy yourself, after all it is a party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"As a matter of fact there was an incident with one alcoholic coworker who dropped his three year old baby on the ground and it rolled down the hill."
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A baby's body is so fragile that I am SO surprised that baby survived that - omg. I really cannot believe the baby's father allowed that to happy with his own baby. OMG! JUST OMG!!!
I have to say I laughed at this post. I remember one time when I went out partying with some of my co-workers and got so drunk that I really don't remember a whole lot from the night. All I remember was the next day getting to work and there were some people who weren't exactly very happy with me because I had evidentally made an ass out of myself. I have now tried to not party with my co-workers too much. LOL
Post a Comment