Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Who you know!

I have learned that it is not always what you know, but who you know. Networking is a fundamental process in the business world. A lot of times people gain employment opportunities by being affiliated or knowing someone who is in the field. I have seen this time and time again in my own place of employment.

Although people like to think that their resumes and experience help them in their career search, a lot of times it really is just your social contacts. Sometimes just making that connection in an interview, or passing that business card along can be the one thing that could skyrocket your career when the right person is involved. So always be aware that anyone and everyone could possible be that career maker or breaker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm going to comment again because I think my original comment got deleted.

I HAD said:

YAY! I'm so glad someone else has blogged on our page besides me. Also, your blog entry is true. It's funny how some things work out in the end.